Friday, December 12, 2014

4 weeks old

Not much changed this week in the world if Emerson. He has been slow to put on weight and it is now a little bit of a concern for the doctors. Today was shift change for the doctors (they go 2 weeks on then 2 weeks off) and today's doctor is like Tigger! He is very fast paced and ready to fatten Emerson up. I think this doc and I are going to get along GREAT. He is thinking if moving him off donor breast milk on to a high calorie formula to see how he reacts.

There is also talk of Emerson needing a blood transfusion within the week because his red blood cells are low. The day after we adopted him Troy and I donated blood. This was my first time donating so I had no idea what blood type I even was! I wasn't a match for Emerson but luckily Troy is! It is really cool knowing Emerson may have Troy's blood running through him.

A question that I keep getting in the hospital is, "did you get to meet his real mom?" Now, I should clarify that this has been a common question with both of our kids and here is the answer....I am their real mommy and Troy is their real daddy. Both of my children have amazing birth mommies and daddies but WE are the real deal.

5 comments:

  1. I love your answer! Continued prayers ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen,Kelly! And Sophia and Emerson are so lucky to gave you and Troy as their REAL parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing because that is a good insight for me.....because you are so correct. I often will ask adopting parents the same question and have never thought of it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well put, Kelly - you and Troy are the parents! And how cool is it that Troy's blood is a match?! I am keeping Troy, you and both of your lovely children in my prayers! God bless you , Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Super Mommy! That is so cool that Troy has the same blood type as Emerson. And so glad Tigger came on for his rotation ; ). Praying for your sweet son!

    ReplyDelete